RE: [OM] [OT] - itty bitty 4x5 field camera

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] - itty bitty 4x5 field camera
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:40:19 -0800
I'm 99ure that's a relabled Tachihara.  Calumet does this too.

This is the camera I use, and would recommend it heartily for field work.
Juwst be aware that movements are a bit limited (it has almost never stood
in the way of me getting the image I wanted) and the max bellows is 270mm.
I can use a 300mm lens on it, but I can't focus very close!  Also, when
fully extended it can be a tad rickety, at least compared to say a Linhof,
so on windy days, forget the long lens.

The 'D' model they show is something I havent been aware of - removeable
bellows.  But, I don't think that's of much use unless you tear it and have
to replace it.  Mine's glued on.

And the price is really right:  $605.00   I paid $400 for my Like New used
one 12 years ago!

George