Re: [OM] OM] Camedia 5050 & C*n*n G3

Subject: Re: [OM] OM] Camedia 5050 & C*n*n G3
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:41:40 +0800
Stephen Scharf wrote:

> Since my C4040Z got ripped off, I am still in the market for a P&S
> type digital....I like the
> Stylus Oly's (at least from what I have seen). But I will probably
> end up with a Powershot S45....uses the same
> flash card as the D60, and I like the fact it shoots in RAW mode. I
> also like the very quick shutter release, and
> the little click sound you get when you take the photo with the
> S-series cameras. They sell S45's for $429 at Calumet in S.F., and
> that seems like a screamin' deal.
>
> -Stephen Scharf
> --

Yes, I also just bought a Canon-S but S-30, after the C2000 and E-10 I
feel I need something smaller, with reasonable control and zoom range.
This Canon is specially strong in low light, go up to ISO800 and it is
equal to ISO1600 on other camera (ok there is noise but not too bad).
Don't know why Canon rate the ISO like that, I first saw this report
from www.dpreview.com. Seems all Canon DC rate the ISO half the actual
value, I compared it with my C2000 and found it is true.

On the other hand beware of the S-30 and 45, the corner is a bit soft
although the chroma is less. There is also a strange point about the
ISO setting, the auto ISO only run from 50-100 and it will not work
with available light, I guess it will only work with flash like E-10's
auto ISO. It is a bit trouble for my son or wife as an auto everything
camera, you have to set the ISO manually at low light.

C.H.Ling