[OM] Fishy digital tests?

Subject: [OM] Fishy digital tests?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:41:44 -0800
>From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>a 4' x 5' piece of film has the equivalent of 500 megs of info...

It can be much greater than this, if done right. The drum scans I do produce
1.5 GB files.

>I don't know any landscape
>photographer who uses digital to take the photo,' he said."

Guess he's never heard of the Muench family. They've gone all digital, using
scanning backs on their 4x5s.

>the resolution of fine grain 35mm Kodachrome film is
>about 2,200 lines--per millimeter!

I don't think so. Even B&W Tech Pan isn't that fine. That sounds at least 10x
too high for any color reversal film.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>