[OM] Re: 28mm f2 zuiko for $162.50

Subject: [OM] Re: 28mm f2 zuiko for $162.50
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:28:39 -0800
>From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>

[tale of evilBay woe and intrigue clipped]

>"I am also willing to give you a partial refund if you
>decide that you want to keep it, but not at the auction
>price. "
>
>Is he saying that he will give me a refund if I pay more than the
>auction price?

He's offering to dicker.

I've done that before. I bought a Celestron C-8 that the seller represented as
being in "perfect" condition for about $400, including shipping from Florida
keys. (The location should have given me pause...)

When I got it, the tripod was entirely covered with thick rust. The corrector
plate had wat appeared to be a water mark. The mirror looked okay, though.

I wrote and politely, but firmly, noted the shortcomings and said I wanted half
the money back, or to return it at his expense for a full refund, including
shipping. He sent me a check for $200.

So figure out what it's worth to you in the condition it arrives in, and make
him an offer.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>