[OM] wide lens

Subject: [OM] wide lens
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:06:45 -0400
I may be going to Bolivia again in a few weeks, possibly early in April, and
I am trying to plan ahead what to take for equipment. I'm thinking of taking
prime lenses only, which is a different strategy for me, as in the past I've
always used a 28-80 zoom  almost exclusively on these trips. But I'm
thinking this time of taking a Vivitar 28/2, Zuiko 50/1.8, Zuiko 100/2.8,
and I'd like to add a very wide, probably a 3rd party, as the mountain views
and city scenes really require an extra wide lens. I have a 3rd party18-28
zoom, which is okay in performance stopped down (sample pic here
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1266830), except that I want
something smaller and lighter to carry, and possibly something I can add a
hood to easier. The three primes I've listed above all take 49mm filters.
Okay, I know it is probably too much to ask that there is anything available
that would take a 49mm. But I am looking for recommendations for something
in the 17 to 21mm range, and possibly if anyone has something they might be
willing to part with. If I have to find one on epay, I have to get looking
quite soon to find one, and then get all the transactions and shipping done
before April 1.
Thanks
Wayne