Re: [OM] wide lens

Subject: Re: [OM] wide lens
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:11:24 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, 29 January, 2003 08:06 PM
Subject: [OM] wide lens

> I may be going to Bolivia again in a few weeks, possibly early in April,
and
> I am trying to plan ahead what to take for equipment. I'm thinking of
taking
> prime lenses only, which is a different strategy for me, as in the past
I've
> always used a 28-80 zoom  almost exclusively on these trips. But I'm
> thinking this time of taking a Vivitar 28/2, Zuiko 50/1.8, Zuiko 100/2.8,
> and I'd like to add a very wide, probably a 3rd party, as the mountain
> and city scenes really require an extra wide lens. I have a 3rd party18-28
> zoom, which is okay in performance stopped down (sample pic here
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1266830), except that I want
> something smaller and lighter to carry, and possibly something I can add a
> hood to easier. The three primes I've listed above all take 49mm filters.
> Okay, I know it is probably too much to ask that there is anything
available
> that would take a 49mm. But I am looking for recommendations for something
> in the 17 to 21mm range, and possibly if anyone has something they might
be
> willing to part with. If I have to find one on epay, I have to get looking
> quite soon to find one, and then get all the transactions and shipping
done
> before April 1.
> Thanks
> Wayne

Wayne .......... I have an infrequently used MC 28mm / f2.8 Zuiko complete
with OM metal hood hood, original back and front caps, and leather case you
are welcome to take. The front and rear lenses are in excellent shape and
there does not appear to be any problem with the inner workings. And I could
deliver it right to your front door!

John