Re: [OM] Lens for copy work

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens for copy work
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:10:59 -0800 (PST)
Why are you copying onto a B&W slide material? Are the
originals B&W? If so, as long as you use daylight as
an illumination source a daylight balanced color slide
film should produce reasonably accurate copies of the
originals if the exposure is accurate. I would suggest
you bracket. A standard 50mm 1.8 can focus to about
1:7, with a +2 close up lens you can reach 1:4, close
enough to copy a 4X6 in. print. The downside of this
inexpensive approach is marginal edge and corner
sharpness and excessive pincusion distortion, but if
you stop down to f11 or f16 you might get away with
it.           John Robison