Re: [OM] wide lens

Subject: Re: [OM] wide lens
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:14:32 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <NSURIT@xxxxxxx>
.  I do have the Zuiko 18mm which I probably wouldn't take
> mountain climbing with me in Bolivia.

At my age, I won't be doing any mountain climbing that would put camera gear
at unusual risk. The worst problem in Bolivia is petty theft, and for that
reason I wouldn't want to take a very expensive lens, besides the fact that
I can't afford one :-).
Someone suggested the 21/3.5 takes 49mm. I was surprised to hear that. I
guess there is always something to learn. But I'm really leaning towards a
cheaper tokina or vivitar or tamron, etc.
I do plan to take the OM2s. I know I'll be crying if it gets stolen, but
then I'd be crying if I were down there without it too. I guess to me this
stuff is no good if you can't take it with you. And the best photo
opportunities are usually in the most hazardous places. I have to decide on
whether to take the 1n or 2000 as back-up.
Wayne