Re: [OM] wide lens

Subject: Re: [OM] wide lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:04:14 -0800
I have a SC 21/3.5 available for $275. The aperture works perfectly and the glass and coatings are untouched, perfect. The lens exterior is essentially perfect except for two small, not very obvious, dings. There is one that looks from a distance like a little piece of dirt or goop. but is actually a ding in the aperture ring. The other is 2 superficial adjacent dings in the outside of the very front ring. The marks are inconspicuous, superficial and have no effect on operation at all. I don't have a case to match it, but it has original Oly caps.

I also have a SC 24/2.8 for $185. It has only subtle signs of use on the silver nose and the aperture ring. It has what appears to be a small sliver of blackening paint that flaked off and fell on an inner element. Since it is small and black, it doesn't affect images. All other coatings, functions perfect. Comes with a like new box with matching serial #, hard case in good shape but with a couple of indentations where it spent too long up against a strap or some such in a camera bag, hood, original caps and instructions sheet.

Both lenses are light, compact and take 49mm filters.

Shipping at my cost. 10 day trial; if you don't like it, you pay for postage both ways and I refund the price of the lens. I will provide pics if you want 'em. MO, cash, check or PayPal (from PayPal account or bank transfer only, no credit cards).

Moose

Wayne Culberson wrote:

I may be going to Bolivia again in a few weeks, possibly early in April, and
I am trying to plan ahead what to take for equipment. I'm thinking of taking
prime lenses only, which is a different strategy for me, as in the past I've
always used a 28-80 zoom  almost exclusively on these trips. But I'm
thinking this time of taking a Vivitar 28/2, Zuiko 50/1.8, Zuiko 100/2.8,
and I'd like to add a very wide, probably a 3rd party, as the mountain views
and city scenes really require an extra wide lens. I have a 3rd party18-28
zoom, which is okay in performance stopped down (sample pic here
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1266830), except that I want
something smaller and lighter to carry, and possibly something I can add a
hood to easier. The three primes I've listed above all take 49mm filters.
Okay, I know it is probably too much to ask that there is anything available
that would take a 49mm. But I am looking for recommendations for something
in the 17 to 21mm range, and possibly if anyone has something they might be
willing to part with. If I have to find one on epay, I have to get looking
quite soon to find one, and then get all the transactions and shipping done
before April 1.
Thanks
Wayne