Re: [OM] lens for copy work

Subject: Re: [OM] lens for copy work
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:12:35 -0800
The original question was about copying images printed in a book, not original photos. The issues addressed here do not, in my experience, arise in copying half tones from books to slides.

Moose

Joel Wilcox wrote:

I have found that contrast usually builds up in copying. I copied some valuable photographs to film years ago using Panatomic-X film. I found a yellow filter to be useful since there were some fixer strains on the prints. I bracketed exposures, used minimum-exposure black techniques to print the contact sheet and printed the best neg to a very soft paper (#1 I believe). Only one negative and a soft paper gave me the combination of contrast and grainless smoothness that matched the original print.

gries wrote:

Jamie:

i think the only problem with color slides is that the range is too short for some B+W photographs.