Re: [OM] lost camera - speculation and what to do with it

Subject: Re: [OM] lost camera - speculation and what to do with it
From: W Shumaker <omlist@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:57:50 -0500
At 07:30 PM 1/30/2003, you wrote:
>In a message dated 1/30/03 5:40:35 PM Central Standard Time, omlist@xxxxxxxx
>writes:
>>I'm at a loss as to what to do with it all
>In a word, ebay
>
>Speculation on what happened.  This guy, although using a Pentax and a
>Minolta, was no dumb as*.  He had called his insurance agent and insured it.
>Although what he did subsequent to insuring it was fraudulent and could result
>in jail time, he reported it stolen.  He then bought a cheap digital camera to
>take bad pictures of his kids, pickup and barbecue pit.
>
>I'm a little embarrassed to say it, but he could be from Texas.  A pickup
>truck is part of the birthright of any Texan.  Were those empty Lone Star cans
>in the bed of his truck and can anyone tell if he has a gun rack or not?  Bill
>Barber

The photos are much too lush for Texas. Probably when these were taken,
everything in Texas was brown. I have no interest in selling this stuff for
money, it is not worth that much compared to my OM's. If anything, it will
get donated to someone. I seriously doubt the person owning this stuff would
be savvy enough to have camera insurance.

Wayne