RE: [OM] lost camera - speculation and what to do with it

Subject: RE: [OM] lost camera - speculation and what to do with it
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:54:08 +1100
   On Friday, January 31, 2003 12:58 PM  Wayne wrote:

  The photos are much too lush for Texas. Probably when these were taken,
  everything in Texas was brown. I have no interest in selling this stuff
for
  money, it is not worth that much compared to my OM's. If anything, it will
  get donated to someone. I seriously doubt the person owning this stuff
would
  be savvy enough to have camera insurance.

  Wayne

   G'day Wayne,

  In Oz (and I'm sure it's the same across the pond)  we have several
charities i.e., St Vincent de Paul, The Salvation Army etc who are now
accepting donations of tech gear such as Hi Fi stuff, computers, and photo
equipment. They clean it up and put it in their showrooms for sale at very
reasonable prices. Why not donate this stuff to them and ultimately the cash
they get for it may benefit some (maybe) deserving soul. Just a thought.

  John.