Re: [OM] Medium Format vs. Digital

Subject: Re: [OM] Medium Format vs. Digital
From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:13:30 -0500
At 8:13 PM +0000 1/27/03, olympus-digest wrote:
>Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:14:50 -0800
>From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] Medium Format vs. Digital
>
>On Monday, January 27, 2003, at 01:42  AM, Albert wrote:
>
> > http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/shootout.shtml
> >
> > This is fishy to me...  Only because the mathematics of it doesn't
> > work...
> >

>I don't know Albert.  The images are on the page. Isn't your statement
>a little like the joke about an engineer saying a bumblebee can't fly
>because it is aerodynamically impossible.

My father, who is an aeronautical engineer, knew the fellow who in the 1940s
predicted that bumblebees cannot fly.  This was the conclusion of the fellow's
PhD thesis, which ground its way through the then-current aerodynamic theory of
flight to the conclusion on the last page.  He got his degree.

Why?  Because the point was that the then-current aerodynamic theory of flight
was inadequate.

Joe Gwinn