Re: [OM] Altitude problem examples

Subject: Re: [OM] Altitude problem examples
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 07:48:02 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, 01 February, 2003 09:32 AM

snip

> Winsor, you're not offending me at all, as I am looking for help. That is
> why I want others experiences and advice. I am planning to abandon
> Kodachrome 64 for this next trip. The problem with Velvia is that I have
> practically no experience with it, so am thinking of using Kodak
Elitechrome
> 100 extra color. I think Kodak actually has a new film out to replace it
> though, called UC for ultra color, or something like that.

Wayne ..... ask at the photo store if this UC film is as colour saturated as
Agfa Ultra 50 ISO negative film. Ultra 50 is so colour saturated that one
almost feels as if the colours can be shovelled out of the image unless of
course you enjoy dense deep colours almost beyond the appearance of reality.
Velvia is fairly colour saturated but not to the extent of Ultra 50. Another
suggestion is Kodak E100W or E100VS slide film both of which provide warm
and not overly saturated colours. Regardless of slide film chosen a UV
filter and polarizer will be necessary. Just my 2 bits :-)

John