[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3858

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3858
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 19:05:00 -0800
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 21:57:09 -0800
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: [OM] Blurry Digital images, clear OM shots
Bill maybe overstates it, but you have to admit if you read any of the
test sites that actually test lenses that most of the digital cameras
including some of the ones you mention have a level of color aberration
that would not be acceptable in an OM lens. People like to say,
including Olympus, that it is the sensor, but the tests of the digital
slrs with traditional film lenses pretty well put that to rest. The
lenses on the Canon S series are pretty good, but the pricier G3 has a
lot of purple hanging around in the highlights, as do most of the
Olympus cameras. Whether it is important to your usage is another thing.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA

Winsor, I agree with you and CH on the CA that is seen on most of the C-series Oly's and the G3. It's more of a problem with the fast 1.8 lenses that the 2.8 lens. I only saw it on fully wide angles with bright backgrounds on my C4040, and that only once. So it really wasn't a problem for me. The rest of the time, it took absolutely beautiful pictures. And it was a very well made camera. I took exception to Bill's comments that most if not all, were cheesy pieces of junk.

-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!