Re: [OM] Altitude problem examples

Subject: Re: [OM] Altitude problem examples
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 11:06:11 -0600
Hi Donald,
Couple ideas about moving to films outside the Kodachrome family. You don't have to move from KR64 to Velvia or even Provia F. There is Elitechrome or Fuji's Astia or Sensia II. Some people swear by Sensia II and it's about the cheapest slide film going.

I remember your observation about Velvia's flaming cows a while back. There are those drawbacks. There is no perfect film. I will have a body loaded with some Kodachrome for what I will always think of as "Kodachrome light".

If one is scanning Velvia, I've noticed that a saturation cut helps Velvia result in a better scan sometimes FWIW.

I've got about a dozen rolls of Kodachrome 25 left in the freezer. I'm going to Yosemite for the first time ever this March. I reckon that's a good place to use it up and say good-bye to one of the greatest films of all time.

Joel W.