[OM] [OT] unemployment blues again...

Subject: [OM] [OT] unemployment blues again...
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:06:43 EST
George wrote:
>The only career path safe nowadays, IMHO, (besides Burger King etc) is
>health care.  You just can't farm out to India or China for a warm, even
>caring sometimes, nurse in your hospital room.

Ou contraire, George.  Tacoma, WA just brought in several nurses from the
Philippines.  Other places are bringing in nurses from S. Africa.  There is a
nursing shortage/crisis all across America.  Most are working too much
overtime.  "60 Minutes" just ran a story on this a couple weeks back.

But I would agree with you about health care being a good field.  We baby
boomers are getting creaky.  Elder care is growing much faster than the no.
of employees majoring in it.

Rich

P.S. Burger King and McDonalds both are struggling