Re: [OM] JPEG 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] JPEG 2000
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:15:23 -0800
At 06:40 AM 2/3/2003 +0000, Chris Barker wrote:
I know that you probably have a DVD burner on your new G4, but has anyone heard of an aftermarket DVD burner for fitting to Macs?
..

I bought the Panasonic AO-3? which is the OEM model of the Superdrive for my wife's G3. However, since she was using OS9 at that time, we never got the DVD burner part working since iDVD needs OSX. Did get the DVD playing part working though. She now got a G4 with the DVD superdrive so I will probably get the Panasonic drive onto my machine at some point. Anycase, yes you can get an aftermarket DVD burner but you will need OSX for best results.