Re: [OM] Altitude problem examples

Subject: Re: [OM] Altitude problem examples
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:19:07 -0800
> About these "warm polarizers", are you referring to what is called a "moose
> polarizer"? Does anyone have one of these, or has had experience using one?
> I think someone with the name Moose had some part in developing it. Probably
> no connection to our resident moose.
> Wayne

Wayne, I now have a warm polarizer for this very reason. I use it in the
mountains around here to cut the blue haze a bit. It's basically a
skylight/pol combination and good brands sell one. I don't know what the
difference is between this and a "moose" filter. This is a recent
aquisition for me though and I haven't taken it traveling.  It might be
worthwhile to try as the 49mm size isn't too expensive. I wouldn't leave
the normal polarizer at home though. I find the results here at sea
level to be too much "warm". It also doesn't work very well for close
objects without so much intervening blue but that may not be the case at
high altitude. I any case I'd keep a pol on all day instead of the UV.

mike