Re: [OM] Altitude/okay, maybe OT now ??

Subject: Re: [OM] Altitude/okay, maybe OT now ??
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:28:57 -0500
Well, we may be off OM but at least it's still photography and we should be
grateful. :-)

It occurs to me that the other option is to deke.

 - Take B&W film, plus an orange or red filter. Bet that'd be dramatic.
   Scala!

 - Take IR film, either color or B&W. Take Konica 750 if the film is
   going to suffer heat. Kodak HIE should be beautiful and surreal if
   you can keep it cool. Ditto Kodak IER (color IR slide).
   You'll need a #25 for B&W; for color in order of preference a #12
   deep yellow, a yellow (#8? #11?), or an orange (e.g. #15). Expect
   shadows to be nearly black unless something is reflecting light
   into them.

 - Find a UV-pass filter (visually opaque) and try UV photography.

Try anything you haven't done before at home first.

When the sun is blasting out of a blank blue sky I sometimes bring out HIE
or the Konica. Or a beer. Not a problem right now, though.

Regards,
Andrew