Re: [OM] OT: OT posts and list bully

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: OT posts and list bully
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 07:42:45 +0000
Richard

OM content first:  I agree about the idea that an RF and OMs
complement each other.  I have recently "gone AF" owing to an
increasing number of shots being out of focus, but I bought a Contax
G2.  It is a lovely little camera!  So much so that I have replaced
my XA4 (and probably my XA) with a G1 and 35/2.  But on my intended
walk in a nature reserve today (I work Wed-Sun) I shall take my OM4
and 50-250 because a RF cannot do long or short range (macro).  Also,
I shall have more time (and light) to focus, whereas my G2 or G1 take
care of focus and exposure (with some careful checking) and allow me
to spend more time on composition on grab shots.

There is no place *anywhere* for bullying.  That applies to the
workplace, the school playground, the national government or
internationally.  It is unChristian, unIslamic, goes against the
Buddha's teaching and immoral for atheists or agnostics.  It is an
unfortunatel side-effect of emails that complete strangers feel able,
without fear of redress, to offer casual insults to others with
little or no provocation.  It is also an aspect of emails that we
must all try to ensure that we do not give offence.

However, I reserve the right to try, politely and kindly, to persuade
anyone of the the wisdom of my point of view, whether religious or
political... ;-)

Chris