Re: [OM] Name vs. performance

Subject: Re: [OM] Name vs. performance
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:46:31 -0800
At 01:32 PM 2/4/2003 -1000, danrich wrote:
Tell me why you would buy a $800 90mm Zuiko macro over a less than half the
cost Tamron 90mm 2.8 Macro the out performs the Zuiko 4.3 vs. 4.2 ?
Are we nuts or are we getting into logo's or collection?

First of all, a single # cannot represent all that is about a lens. There are many different characteristics to consider. For example, the 90/2 bokeh is supposed to be just oh so creamy (and it is). However, when you come right down to it, there is no way the Zuiko can be 4x or 5x BETTER, may be slightly better, or even slightly worse. So yes, it's a Zuikoholic thing.