Re: [OM] Name vs. performance

Subject: Re: [OM] Name vs. performance
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:47:59 +0800
MTF only indicate a small part of the performance of a lens, you better buy
the Tokina 90/2.5 it has the highest MTF number. Zuiko 90/2 has very good
color saturation and tone rendering than the Tokina I once own. Have not try
the Tamron but third party lens usually has not very accurate color
reproduction. On the other hand F2 vs 2.5 already worth 50-100 0ncrease in
price. Just like 28/2 vs 28/2.8, 24/2.8 vs 24/2... etc.

BTW, I think Leica has similar MTF number too, why people pay that much?

C.H.Ling