[OM] ( OM ) OT lay-offs, unemployment etc

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) OT lay-offs, unemployment etc
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:32:55 -0800

Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:26:51 +1300
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi folks,

No OM content here this time.

And my thoughts are with those of you who are once again laid off.

The USA, GB and Australian governments are in reality controlled by the
biggest of business, and mere people count for nothing. I've said this before,
but it is worth saying at least again, that my mentor in this is Noam
Chomsky in his slim book "Year 501: The Conquest Continues". Readily
available via abebooks.com. What he wrote (and still writes) helped me make
a lot of sense out of the confusing world.
Reading this book may not help you in your present situation, but
understanding processes may help decide a course of action to a less
vulnerable spot. For under USD10.

You won't get much sense from the present media either. Since most of the
western world media is owned by 2 - 3 people who have the same agenda as
the ones writing the songs that USA etc governments are singing, 90+0f
the "news" is massaged to suit what they want told. The recent book (1998)
by John Pilger "Hidden Agendas" explains this. The story is a shocker,
especially if you haven't read about the methods before.
I got my volume 2nd hand from a woman bookseller in the NE of the UK, and
she read it before sending it to me. She wrote to me that the revelations
about what had taken place in her own country had had her in tears. Not that
I want to see you shedding salty water over your computer screens.

I look at the local daily press here (since about 2 years ago, now all major
NZ dailies are owned by INL), and it is clear that what he has written applies
precisely here too. It wasn't always so.

Brian

No OM content here, either.

Interesting, Brian. I've also heard that Noam Chomsky's book "9-11" is an eye-opener in a similar fashion. Like you, I certainly don't believe everything I read in newspapers, see on the News, or hear from our government officials. Particularly our government officials.This is due to a book I read that came out in paperback last summer called "Body of Secrets" by James Bambury. It is a history of the National Security Agency. You will be shocked at the things in that book that various governments, including ours, Israel, and others have done, will do, or could be planning to do. There are ALWAYS agendas we don't know about, that they (our government officials) will never cop to. A lot of these are revealed in detail in "Body of Secrets", all backed up by NSA data.

-Stephen Scharf
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!