Re: [OM] Name vs. performance

Subject: Re: [OM] Name vs. performance
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 00:58:08 EST
In a message dated 2/4/2003 11:39:40 PM Central Standard Time,
halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> True with the Tamron, but not so with the Tokina AT-X / Viv Series 1 f2.5
> (not the f2.8 versions). Definitely not "chintzy" items

I think this thread is now talking about 90mm macro version of various lens
makers. I've owned all four of the lenses mentioned above (four because there
are 2 versions of the Tamron) and don't understand how anyone would see the
early version of the Tamron 90mm f2.5 as being "Chintzy."  It is as solidly
build as any lens I've ever owned and more so than most.  The others, in my
opinion, feel different but not necessarily of better quality.  The Tokina
AT-X is one fine lens, but I sold mine to get another 90mm f2.5 Tamron.  Just
one guys opinion.  Bill Barber