Re: [OM] Altitude problem examples

Subject: Re: [OM] Altitude problem examples
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 08:33:36 +0000
Sorry, should have mentioned the details as they're pretty important to the discussion! I was using Fuji Sensia 100, and I think for all those shots the lens on my OM-1n was a Tokina 28/2.8.

Yes, one of the shots is of a volcano - the mountain I was on top of, Santamaria, had a huge eruption in 1902 which left most of the north face of the mountain missing. In that vast crater there is now a new volcano, Santiaguito. I can't think that there are many other places in the world where you can look down from above on an erupting volcano. In the night time you could see a red glow in Santiaguito's crater, and all the time it was roaring away with a sound like an aircraft. An amazing place!

Roger

Wayne Culberson wrote:

Wayne,

I thought I would post a link to some photos I took at 12,500m asl in
Guatemala, roughly as far north of the equator as Bolivia is south.
They're from the summit of a 3,772m mountain I climbed (approx 12,500
feet), and were taken no later than about two hours after sunrise:
Cheers,
Roger

Do you remember what you were using for film here Roger?
One looks almost like it could be a smoldering volcano, or is it just a
small cloud over the mountain peak? Nice photos.
Wayne