Re: [OM] Re: Name vs. performance

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Name vs. performance
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:42:41 -0800
I agree with this completely. I have a couple of non-system lenses and make the adjustment, but it's certainly a noticable thing.

-Rob

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 06:52  AM, Jan Steinman wrote:

Besides the "collection" aspect, there is the very real aspect of similarity that you only see in a true system design. The Zuiks all have the aperture ring in the same place. The knurls on the aperture ring are all the same. The knurls on the focusing ring are all the same. The ribs on the zoom rings are all the same. Once you navigate one Zuik by touch, you know them all.

When I put a non-Zuik on, I go through a period of cognitive dissonance while I re-"get used to" the different lens. This may not be an issue if you only have one lens, or if all your lenses are from different makers anyway, but there are advantages beyond "snob appeal" to use system lenses.