Re: [OM] ( OM ) Possible TOPE topic

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Possible TOPE topic
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 06:45:23 +0000
That's a good idea Brian.

As for how people deal with the cold: we don't have it very cold down
in Cambridgeshire, but several thousand motorists had to spend the
night in their cars owing to a snow-bound M11 (motorway North from
London to Cambridge).  As I understand it, the road was gritted but
the snow melted then re-froze, leaving it like an ice rink on which
articulated lorries ("semis") jack-knifed and blocked the lanes.  I
had only a short time to drive on snow with my 4x4 before it melted
again ;-)

Chris