Re: [OM] Re: in defense of the shift lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: in defense of the shift lenses
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:49:00 -0500
I betcha you'll be happier with a real macro lens and a geared
head (not to be confused with a gearhead).  I do a lot of macro
and tele stuff, and I've found the Manfrotto 405 geared head to be
the solution to a problem that caused me to cuss like a sailor for
many years: you frame the photo, lock the pan or ball head, and
everything droops a half millimeter and the entire composition is
now cockeyed.  Not with this beauty.  Ya turns the knobs, ya
composes da picture, ya trips the shutter.  Life is good.

Walt