Re: [OT] Snowshoes was: [OM] ( OM ) Possible TOPE topic

Subject: Re: [OT] Snowshoes was: [OM] ( OM ) Possible TOPE topic
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:07:23 +0000
I totally agree that us southern wusses gave a very poor account of ourselves in the cold snap, and even as I was crashing to the pavement having slipped on some ice I could imagine all the Norwegians, Russians, Mongolians, Tibetans etc in the world pouring scorn on me.

Ian, your remark about school buses reminded me that I heard on the news of kids stuck on a bus and people from nearby houses bringing them food and drink. You have to wonder why they didn't take them off the bus and into the houses??

Funny that all the news was talking about the 'whole country' grinding to a halt when really it was only the SE. I guess they were just discounting the unimportant bits :)

OM content - I used my OM-1n to take a few photos of streets covered in snow, in brilliant sunshine and with crisp blue skies. A rare sight indeed and I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Roger

IanG wrote:

My friend discovered that his daughters were to get home late from a school
field trip that day when national TV showed an interview with the school
headmaster standing next to their stranded bus on the M11... his daughters
arrived home the following afternoon.

Ian