RE: [OM] [OT] No more big SUV (going green, sort of)

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] No more big SUV (going green, sort of)
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:31:30 -0800
Resources? We don't need no steenkin' resources :-D

I figure it this way: My 14-year-old LandCrusher (bought 3 years ago, used)
will likely use less resources through the time I own it than the
manufacture of a single NEW Minivan/Automobile/SUV. Not to mention I've got
(effectively) the money in my pocket that someone else absorbed as a loss on
the steep leading edge of the depreciation curve...

If ya really want to make a dent in resource use, *keep* your present
vehicle. Most people sell or trade in their current vehicles long before the
end of their useful lives, simply to keep up with the Joneses. It's cheaper
(all 'round) to keep 'er.

---
Scott Gomez
(stir, stir)