RE: [OM] [OT] No more big SUV (going green, sort of)

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] No more big SUV (going green, sort of)
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:09:42 -0800
OK.  My most bizarre fuel mileage story is from over a decade ago.  Had the
whole family loaded in our 88 Ford Taurus wagon (four of us) complete with
an additional roof top luggage carrier secured to the roof rack.  Returning
home from an Oregon coast trip, keeping up with the flow of traffic
(75-80mph), the thing got 29MPG (3 liter Vulcan pushrod V6).  It was
probably 95-100 degrees, and I had the AC on full, too.  Go figure.  Best
mileage I ever saw on that particular car.