Re: [OM] (OT) Strange Times (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Strange Times (long)
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:24:25 -0800
My take on the connection between S11 and the current madness is that it has just become an excuse for some Americans to indulge their paranoia and ignorance. Anyone with a very astute eye could tell that my friends and I weren't likely to fly a paper airplane into a house of cards, much less turn a teeny war protest into CNN fodder. They're out there three or four days a week with signs urging people leaving work downtown to "Honk For Peace" and the like. I'll process the HP5 I shot in the next day or so and put up some photos. They're a bunch of skinny suburban teenage girls with funny haircuts. Michael Moore was really on to something about American fear and paranoia with Bowling For Columbine. A lot of us are just a hair-trigger away from freaking out all the time.

-Rob