Re: [OM] Back door problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Back door problems
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:12:40 +0100
Well John,
You seem to have hit the problem on the nose. It was an oldish OM-2 (serial
#1870xx) that I sold a couple of weeks ago to an Olympus fan who wanted a
camera for his son. After a week he came back, said that his son wanted a
black camera, and bought a black OM-1n instead. I did not bother to look at
the OM-2, as I reckoned that he had not used it.
After your tip I checked it, and sure enough there was some contact glue
jamming the catch. I would guess that he was trying to make the camera
better-looking for his son ( it was a present). I have to hope that he did
not know that he had jammed the catch before returning the camera to me...
Thanks again!

Roger Key, Copenhagen

John wrote:

Was the leather reglued recently?  Sounds like the backlatch is glued. One
way to open back is to peel up leather at that end, take latch cover off
(don't loose the little spacers)
and lift latch manually (or clean out glue first.)
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000