RE: [OM] (OT) Strange Times (long)

Subject: RE: [OM] (OT) Strange Times (long)
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:31:03 -0700
Public protests create photo opportunities but what is usually portrayed is
a bad side of humanity. So many of the protesters have no idea what they are
really protesting, they just like to raise hell and any excuse will do.
Large protest gatherings leave tons of garbage and do a great deal of damage
to the public property. Others are also denied the use of the property for
however long the protesters are in session. This BS is tolerated because we
treasure the right of free speech.

Successful negotiation requires two elements; fear and respect.  One
downside of the present demonstrations is that they give support to Saddam
Hussein and reinforce his willingness to thumb his nose at his neighbors and
not negotiate in good faith. When I see the well-meaning anti-war people in
action I suspect that they would have also been supporting tolerance of
Adolph Hitler when he should have been stopped. Just how long a madman
should be allowed to conduct inhuman activities is not a trivial question.
People like Hussein are not stopped by diplomacy....not ever. If he is to be
stopped by fear, it will take one hell of a lot of it.

I think I'll go photograph some pretty girls.....demonstrating lovely bare
skin.

/jim