RE: [OM] (OT) Strange Times (long)

Subject: RE: [OM] (OT) Strange Times (long)
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 09:53:21 -0700
Perhaps history wouldn't repeat itself, and we could learn better from past
mistakes, if the repeat scenarios were presented in the identical form each
time. They are always enough different to make one unsure about the remedy.
I wonder what will go through the minds of Olympus executives when the OM
gear achieves cult status and the prices go through the roof. I recently
sold a T32 to a man who has invested over $20,000 in OM gear in anticipation
of this happening. My photography equipment has been pared down to things I
plan to use and it's still worth considerably more than his
investment....but I have no desire to sell the stuff. I like it and now need
to find time to use it.

Bill, next time you come up this way stop by for a cup of real Columbian.
It's soooooo good.

/jim
   >>snip

  Doesn't really explain it, but it may explain in part why Russia, China
and France want to give the inspectors more time (gives him more time also).
I seem to recall that was the approach France took with Hitler or was it
just appeasement?  Maybe a combination of the two.  Didn't work then, doubt
that it will work now.  Did they learn from their mistakes? If not, history
has a way of repeating itself.

  To all that use, love, worship and enjoy Olympus cameras, camera equipment
and photography, I apologize for putting my two cents worth into this OT
conversation.  I think I'll take a little time this morning and offer
several choice pieces of Olympus equipment for sale to the list and also ask
a pertinent question or two to give us all a chance to shift gears (not in
our SUVs) and get back on topic.  Macro Zuikoheads and wannabes might want
to stay tuned.  Now its off to get my nice hot cup of decaffeinated brew.
Ugh, but that is what this Adkins diet and my spousal unit allows.  She is
trying to get me down from a 28mm to a 50mm size.  She claims she just wants
my life to be telephoto in length.  Oh well, that wonderful cup of "little
joe" or perhaps "no joe" awaits me.  Bill Barber