Re: [OM] Actual OM content! F280 question

Subject: Re: [OM] Actual OM content! F280 question
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 17:52:10 -0800
on 2/8/03 11:44 AM, Mike at watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've heard tell of a wide angle adapter for this flash but not of a
> neutral density adapter. Is there such a beast? I was thinking
> (dangerous!!) that this might help keep the flash from overpowering the
> natural light in close up fill situations. A OEM unit would give a known
> light reduction factor. If I ad lib then fine tuning will be harder. Is
> this a harebrained scheme or is it workable?
>
> mike

-- WARNING! OM CONTENT IN REPLY. READ NEXT MESSAGE IF SEEKING POLITICAL OR
AUTOMOTIVE DISCOURSE. --

There is a wide-angle diffuser that supposedly broadens the flash to cover a
24mm (or is it 21mm?) field of view. This causes the loss of one stop of
light, due probably to the wider area of coverage as well as the white
plastic construction of the diffuser. It just clips on over the flash
window. I suspect you could achieve a greater reduction in light intensity
with a piece of gray cellophane taped over the window... Note that to
actually reduce the light intensity you'll have to bypass the TTL control,
otherwise it will just lengthen the flash power dump until the same amount
of light is measured (at the film plane) off the subject.

-- OK NOW TO RETURN TO NORMAL POLITICS, SUV'S AND SPAGHETTI RECIPE
DISCUSSION --

--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...