Re: [OM] RE: Bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Bokeh
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 02:04:24 -0800
Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

I once asked a young lady who had just enrolled in college, what she was
looking for in education.  She said she wanted to earn a better living.
"Oh," I asked, "what are you going to be studying?"

She announced proudly, "I'm going to learn to read auras."

The eyes nearly popped out of my head.  As Joni Mitchell said, "Breathtaking
ignorance."

Scientific ignorance on her part or economic on yours? ;-) I have a friend who has supported herself as an intuitive for many years, including some great overseas gigs and a lot of work in Hollywood for a while. Her readings are $150, not much less than what I charge for the occasional hour of programming/consulting I do. Of course this is Berzerkeley, where my next door neighbor found work as an animal psychic more rewarding, both emotionally and monetarily, than being a lead RN. She eventually moved up to Davis, where there is more animal work available.

Moose