RE: [OM] Opinions

Subject: RE: [OM] Opinions
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:22:13 +1300
For me,

http://www.whitneygallery.com/Jenn/Jenn_files/HF_TrypTry1.jpg

works by far the best because there is an obvious commonality of image
shared by all three parts. The progression is fine by me and 'makes' the
triptych. The presence of the core bright light going from one to the other  L

R;  that core makes the three panels hang together as part of one idea or
theme..

0 > 0 > 0   does it for me.

The core light should be about the same distance above the bottom margin
in each panel, IMO.

The only quibble I have is that the bright glow of the central image is too
bright and takes away from the subdued but attractive detail of the RHS
image. I think the intensity of the bright light in all three  - certainly the
two
on the RHS which are dominated by golden light, should be more equal.
Maybe the intensity should have a gradation from L to R with the
magnification. But my preference would be to subdue the brightness in the
core part of the central image. I don't know by how much. Maybe it is
desirable to have it a little brighter to keep the viewer interest in the
middle -
but is that a good idea for a triptych? I think not. I think the viewer eye is
drawn to the bright light, which takes away from the other two panels.

Did you use a Bogen lens support to help stabilise the lenses?

Brian