Re: [OM] Nude Chick Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Nude Chick Photos
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:34:36 +1300
Hi Chris ( & all);

 you wrote
> On 10 Feb 2003 at 8:53, Brian Swale wrote:
>
> > For my 2 cents, the smaller size image is much more acceptable on the
> > internet. Some people get really sharp shots at even 60kb, but my
> > preference is for scans to be 100 - 150 kb at the most. Anything at
> > 500+ kb just takes too long.
>
> Correct me if (as usual) I'm wrong, but I thought everything off the
> internet displayed at 75 dpi in most browsers?

My fault here; an ambiguous sentence.

Yes, some people get really sharp-looking images at 60 kb, I never seem to,
usually it is digital images that seem so sharp at a small size; probably
something to do with the sharpening algorithms. I usually end up using a
larger image to reveal detail.

My reference to larger images taking too long refers to download time, and
also sometimes browsers have problems displaying images that would fit on
a VDU 3 times the width.

(I think I still have ambiguity in the expression above, but try that for
meaning
anyway).

Although I have several browsers available, I prefer the older Opera 3.62
because it is so fast; but it chokes on big images.. I have a 12" vdu.

Yes, I understand that the VDU dot? spacing is mostly about 75 dpi,
depending on the holes that can be drilled in the screen behind?.

Brian