RE: [OM] Opinions

Subject: RE: [OM] Opinions
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:04:05 +1100
> George M. Anderson [mailto:george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> I've posted a modified version of the tryptich here:
> http://www.whitneygallery.com/Jenn/Jenn_files/HF_TrypTry3.jpg
> based on some input.
> Anyone care to take a look and opine?

I agree with Les, George. For me, this one with different sized
images is the winner. The framings of different angles of view
but with the same focus look great, and the way that you've
reduced (but not eliminated) the progressive left-to-right thing
by resizing that central image works well (it felt just a *little*
leftbrain to me, though I'm sensitive to being too "leftbrain"
myself, so that's a very personal point of view).

About the only thing I'd offer on them is that I'd frame them
seperately, giving a bit more discrete distance though still
obviously hang as a "triptych"...this is a personal quibble,
and depends on hanging intentions and space, not to mention
personal taste.

I remember seeing a similar photo to this before, posted to
OM a while back. Was that yourself, or has another OM'er
also "seen the light".

Oh, and the first thing I thought of when I saw the pictures
was the imagery of "What Dreams May Come". The movie might be
considered sickly-sweet by some, but the "painterly" imagery
was inspired (literally - there's a painter whose name I can't
quite think of at the moment that painted such rich images
pre-landscape photographer).

This is a longwinded way of saying "Love it."

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz