Re: [OM] 90mm F2 Macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] 90mm F2 Macro?
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 01:56:58 -0500
Generally, two opinions exist on this lens.  Among those who've used it,
it's regarded as a legendary perfomer and conveys a supernaturally beautiful
dimension to images created with it.  It ranks with the finest Zeiss and
Leitz lenses.

Among those of us with budgetary concerns, a "sour grapes" position is the
most common.  These posts (my own for example) opine that it couldn't
possibly be 4-9x better than more affordable alternatives.

(Example: "Pop Photo says a Zuiko 90mm f2 is available new, right now, for
$1,039.95 with a hood.  I just bought a 90mm f2.5 Series1 for $139, used
from KEH with the 1:1 adapter.  Even after I spent $10 on a hood and cases,
and a 58->55mm step-down ring, I'm way, way ahead.  Aren't I clever?")
Please note: I'm making fun of myself, okay?  :)