Re: [OM] flm/processing (late response)

Subject: Re: [OM] flm/processing (late response)
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:31:55 +0100
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:55:31 -0600
"Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "I want to cut down on my cost of film and want to hear from you
> guys what are the top 3 35mm slide films? Is there a kit for
> developing and mounting my own slides?
> Thanks again
> Dan"

<SNIP Bill's golden points...>

> Consider these films starting points. Get some rolls, and try for
> yourself. Who knows, maybe you're that person for whom Kodachrome
> 200 is just the thing!

Nahh, K200 is waaay too fast. Anything beyond 50 ASA is excessive
*GG* :)

Seriously, I seemed to be the person for whom K25 was invented for.
My stock running lower on that (and Kodak, sadly, decided that I am
not their target marked), I am tending towards Velvia, as well as the
very nice series of Kodak Ektachrome (S, SW, VS). Why did no other
maker copy the principle of the same film(s) in different degrees of
saturation? Also, k64 is a nice film, I think.

But.....I also seem to find myself using slower and slower films in
general. I rarely shoot color negatives any more, and the
conditioning of K25 tends to make me prefer that speed-range. So K64
and Velvia are speed-wise my favourites. Heck, I shoot Kodak TechPan
for B/W, rated at 20 ASA - in everything from 9mm Minox through 35mm
to MF (you should see the negatives - I bet I can make football-field
enlargements without grains...) I know....I am really weird :)

--thomas