RE: RE: [OM] [OT] No more big SUV (fuel and air mass-flow meters)

Subject: RE: RE: [OM] [OT] No more big SUV (fuel and air mass-flow meters)
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:36:57 -0000
Has anybody yet questioned the accuracy of mileage measurement yet? If so
how do they compensate for different tyre makes, tread pattern, wear,
pressure, temperature, differential effects and, of course reversing.

Faulty air mass-flow meter = no turbos.... I speak with experience here...

Also my Audi computer has been know to give, on a 60 mile return trip, an
average fuel consumption in single digit miles per imperial gallon... proven
by the fact that I started with a full tank and ended with a virtually empty
tank :-( At this burn rate and UK fuel at 6 or 7 USD a gallon I don't need
all these fancy calculations anyway - my bank manager does it all for me :-(

Just a thought.
Ian