Re: [OM] ( OT) Ebay Item # 2911195632 BRAND NEW LAPTOP $30

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OT) Ebay Item # 2911195632 BRAND NEW LAPTOP $30
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:59:05 -0800
Seems to me to be a clearly described item. Why not allow people to spend their money for what is almost certainly a pig in a poke? Seems less like a serious 'scam', in that it is so obviously one, than a lot of other stuff I've seen on the 'Bay.

Moose

Tom Scales wrote:

Uh, scam?

Ebay allows it because they make a fee on the auction.

Tom

What do  you make out of the above offer? Someone saying that if you pay USD
30.00, you will be given exclusive info on how you can purchase a new laptop
for USd 30?
Sounds too good to be true to me, but why does Ebay allow this?

Titoy