Re: [OM] Life Expectancy of an OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Life Expectancy of an OM-4T
From: W Shumaker <omlist@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:48:44 -0500
I've had two fail on me in the last year. It all depends. Keep them dry
is my best advice. Corrosion in the electronics is not good. I've had
two failures with the LCD display, although lately one came back to
life from being dim. Must be the very low humidity from this New
England winter. I think you will see other failures before the shutter
fails. So a beater camera may last as well as a mint one. I also think
the latest production models have slightly different circuit boards and
may actually be a bit more fragile than some of the earlier production
models.

Wayne