[OM] Expensive camera, cheap film???

Subject: [OM] Expensive camera, cheap film???
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:19:17 +0800
OK, I was at a L*ica store today, and two things happened that just amazed me.

First, two ladies walked in and asked "What is your cheapest film?" And the owner produced it, and she said, isn't there anything cheaper? Amazing.. The owner then said what I thought, for a few cents more, don't you want to take the best pictures you can take? The price differences was rediculous; about 3 cents US... between a Fuji and a no-name... He's like, this is what you want to buy.. So he gave her the fuji, despite the snarled look on her face..

So next, we have a guy who's got a Leica M7 with a 50mm f2.0 Summicron... So he's like.. "Wow, your pictures are stunning, mine don't come out that great... must be the lens... What can I do to the lens to change that?" Do to the lens???? I've not shot with a Leica 50mm f2, but I suspect it's every bit as sharp or sharper then my Zuiko 50mm f1.8. I asked him, what film do you use? Kodak Max 400. Where do you get it processed? The local 7-11 one hour lab.. He said because it's about a buck cheaper...

Errr... how much is a Leica M7?? How much is that lens? How much are you trying to save??

The logic eludes me greatly... Someone explain it to me.. I have cognitive dissonance..

Albert