Re: [OM] Re: 250 Film Back Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 250 Film Back Question
From: julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:48:50 +0000 (GMT)
You look at it.....
I guess they are useful for people with a lot of copying to do and no scanner?
I have mine purely as an opportunist purchase. I got it for GBP200 with a very
nice MD1 and two almost unused cassettes. I got the Pentax casette simply
because it was there (and cheap) and looked like it would fit, so I wanted to
try.
Mine has the adjustable peg, but doesn't seem to want to fit on a 4 type body
(though I haven't tried too hard). Use on anything except a copy / macro stand
or an 18v control grip would be pretty damn hard, and makes fitting the back to
a 4 a pointless excercise (how would you want to reach the spot buttons etc
round that great lump of spool?), so I have tested it with short lengths of
film on a 2.
I have a colleague who owns a processing shop, and he reckons he can get the
minilab to take 10m continuous film, and that he can handle the casette (based
on the E-Sif picture I showed him). When he is back from assignment abroad,
I'll load the Pentax cassette and let him try.
Now, what I really, really need is a LNIB loader.......

Julian