Re: [OM] Re: Airport X-ray

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Airport X-ray
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:17:51 +0000
I once had a roll of Fuji HG1600 film which I carried with me on some 13 international flights and which I think would have been scanned about 10 times and at least once in the checked luggage, before I finally found a situation in which I needed it. A scan from the roll can be found here:

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/temp/siberianstorm.jpg

And no, those streaks are not caused by the X-rays, it genuinely is an apocalyptic thunderstorm! The photo was taken from a moving train, hence the blurred foreground.

I know other people have mentioned films being fogged, and maybe I was just somehow very lucky. I have seen quite a few signs on hand luggage scanners which quote a maximum safe film speed - sometimes as low as 800 but more usually 1600.

Roger

Wayne Harridge wrote:

I never had to check film higher than ISO 100. Anybody had problems with ISO 400 or higher film?

No noticeable problems with ISO 400 C41.

...Wayne