Re: [OM] Re: Airport X-ray

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Airport X-ray
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:15:04 +0100
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:00:19 +0100
Bernard Frangoulis <bernard.frangoulis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >How do I do it?
> >Well, first, you have to give them comfort..  Put all the film in
> >a plastic lunch baggie.  Let them SEE that it's film canisters.
> >Second, throw a roll of ISO 800 or 1600 in there.  When they ask,
> >tell them you have high speed film.  Also, I rip off all the
> >cardboard, that way I can honestly say "I don't know which one it
> >is".
>
> It's written on the roll. Do you keep them in their plastic
> container (that's too bulky IMO).
>
> Just try requesting a hand check at Charles de Gaulle airport in
> Paris (or elsewhere in Europe, I guess). They will never accept,
> and I mean never.

Charles de Gaulle is exceptionally annoying wrt. security checkins. I
was at one time assumed a terrorist because I was carrying a GPS
receiver (!!!) and was treated very unpleasantly for that. Another
time, as I recently described on the list, I had films which I
politely asked to have hand-checked (was in a zip-lock plastic bag
which I had out of the carry-on etc.). The first response was a
threat to have me removed by the authorities immediately (mind you:
this was their FIRST response to my polite request).

No, at Charles de Gaulle airport, customer service and politeness is
not on their list of duties, it seems.

Never hat any problems at Cote d'Azur in Nice nor in Denmark, though.
Don't remember about Frankfurt and Schippol, I probably never had
films of any importance through there.

--thomas